There are many factors to consider when selecting a tablet. Maybe a few years ago, when there was only the iPad, you really didn’t have to think. Now there are dozens of tablets, so you have to carefully weigh your needs (and wants) against price.
This article talks about some basic tablet selection criteria. Here are some of them:
- Operating System: If you are an Apple devotee than and Apple tablet makes sense for you. Otherwise most people go for an Android type of tablet. There is also the Microsoft Surface, which is not too popular, but is a very good tablet nonetheless.
- Amazon or not: If you don’t mind being tied into the Amazon system then a Kindle might make the best sense for you. You give up some bells and whistles, but get a lot of benefits from the Kindle.
- Size: The sizes of tablets vary a lot. Do you want something as small as an iPad Mini (for portability), or a large tablet for watching movies.
- App Selections: Apple offers many thousands of quality apps, as do mainstream Android tablets. Other Android tablets like Kindle have a smaller library. There are even fewer for the Surface.
- Price: You can spend less than $400, or even more than $1000 for a tablet. It all depends on what you’re looking for.
So if you looking for a tablet for christmas, spend a lot of time weighing all of the factors before buying.